A celebration of urban wildlife

I have been thinking about how much enjoyment I get out of the birds and other critters that visit our yard. This blog is planned to be a series of notes about my observations of the animals I see and their behaviors.
My wife and I garden and enjoy the animals in Penacook, NH. I'd love to hear your comments about these things where you are.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Restart

I want to start doing this blog again also. In some ways this is the "easy" blog for me because it's recreational. It's late winter so the most visible animals are birds and the neighborhood cats. But I do see tracks in the snow so I know we have other visitors. Recently a possum traveled through the area. (S)he came up the bluff from the river plain, through a couple of yards and I lost the trail a street away.
 I regularly see fox tracks when I walk along the city trails that are just up the road. On occasion I have seen fox in my yard but it has been a while. Skunks should be showing up but so far no signs. I'm sure that it's just an oversight on my part. Spring is on the way so a lot will be happening. I'll try to keep recording what I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment